Salmon is easily one of the most healthy and tasty fishes. However, if you are not creative with your recipe, it can taste bland and boring. Luckily for you, we have an awesome healthy grilled salmon salad recipe you and your family will love!
This healthy grilled salmon salad recipe incorporates salmon, radishes, red chilies, and a fresh herb mix.
It is well known that salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The EPA and DHA in salmon are effective in reducing blood pressure, reducing inflammation, and improving cell functionality. Salmon also contains several B vitamins, including Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B9, and B12. Salmon also has plenty of the mineral Selenium, which protects the body’s bone health and reduces autoimmune thyroid disease antibodies and cancer risk. Furthermore, Salmon contains the antioxidant astaxanthin. Astaxanthin not only gives salmon its red tint but also lowers heart disease risks by lowering LDL cholesterol and boosting HDL cholesterol. Finally salmon enhances brain functionality by reducing symptoms of depression and anxieties.
Red chilies are wonderful for the body’s immune system because they are packed in Vitamin C! Further, red chilies prevent heart ailments, as well as blockages in the arteries and in blood vessels. Radishes are rich in minerals including potassium and calcium and other antioxidants that promote healthy blood flow regulation and reduce heart disease risk.
The fresh herb mix in this healthy grilled salmon salad recipe contains chopped coriander, mint, and basil.
Coriander provides an earthy, spicy, and nut taste. Coriander also provides many health benefits. Coriander aids in healthy digestion while promoting gut health, lowers blood sugar levels, and protects the skin from infections and rashes.
Mint does more than serve as an afterthought to freshen breath after a meal. Mint contains folate, iron, vitamin A, and manganese. Mint is also a potential remedy for digestion complications, including irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea. Finally, mint improves brain function and improves cold & flu symptoms.
Basil is an herb that’s packed quite the punch in regards to taste. Basil tastes similar to pepper and is an excellent resource to reduce blood pressure.
This healthy grilled salmon salad recipe contains nutritious foods that are good for your body. This salad is not like any other salad you’ve had before! Let me know how you like it!
Grilled Salmon Salad With Chilies and Herbs
- Baking Tray
- 2 limes
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt, to taste
- pinch of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. salmon fillet (4 fillets)
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, chopped (coriander, mint, and basil)
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 8 baby cucumbers, sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- To make the dressing, squeeze the juice of 1 lime into a small bowl. Add the sliced chili, half the red onion, fish sauce and a pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Brush the salmon with the olive oil and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Half the other lime and also place it in the tray. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Once cooked, allow the salmon to cool slightly then break it up into chunks.
- Divide the salad leaves, the remaining 1⁄2 onion, fresh herbs, radishes and cucumbers, between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing. Squeeze the juice from the baked lime over the salad and toss together adding a little more salt to taste.
- Top the salad with the salmon chunks and serve immediately.
Bonus: Here’s another salad to try – Santa Fe Chicken Salad!
Food Author at Housholdhealthy.com
Based in Saskatoon, SK
I’m a food author based in Canada. My household consists of 6 amazing people, so I have to constantly come up with new recipe ideas that fit all my family member’s likings. I care a lot about the ingredients used in my food. I joined Household Healthy because of that, and I am excited to share my recipes with all the families out there.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to the Household Healthy weekly newsletter for exclusive access to incredible Recipes (including plant-based!), Meal Plans, Coupons, and SO much more.