Cutting back on junk food and eating healthier dinners will help you live a longer, more active life, but finding ideas for healthy meals is tough and eating the same healthy foods day after day can be boring and repetitive. If you’re trying to eat healthy but are struggling to find the perfect meal to chow down on, try this turkey chili recipe.
Our turkey chili recipe is a delicious, nutritious, and totally healthy option for any time of the day and any time of the year.
A great bowl of healthy turkey chili hits the spot every time, but making a refreshing, flavorful, and rich bowl of chili is easier said than done.
The chili is often thin and the vegetables in the usual turkey chili recipes don’t add the required punch to make a lasting impression, no matter how much they try. Even restaurant-quality turkey chili can come out bland and may leave some flavors and texture to be desired, but we have the solution.
Our new turkey chili recipe is guaranteed to make your tastebuds sing out; using a variety of carefully selected and highly flavorful ingredients, we’ve concocted the perfect turkey chili recipe that you’ll taste in every bite. Many turkey chili recipes don’t call for much, but ours is a robust and varied chili that will leave you satisfied after every meal and uses a fine selection of spices and vegetables to leave an impression.
- Non-stick Frying Pan
- 16 oz. turkey mince
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 19 oz. can of kidney beans
- 28 oz can of fire-roasted tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped coriander
- Drain the can of kidney beans and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables into small even sized pieces. Keep the onions separate.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions in 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper for 2 minutes. Now add in the turkey, mince and cook until the mince has browned. Now add in the rest of the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, canned tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, kidney beans, ground cumin, tomato paste, and ground cinnamon. Stir well to combine, bring to a boil then turn down to simmer and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- With 5 minutes of cooking time left, add in freshly chopped coriander and stir through.
- A great make-ahead dish, cook the night before for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
- Freeze the chili into individual-sized portions for easy weekly meal planning.
Food Author at Housholdhealthy.com
Based in Saskatoon, SK
I’m a food author based in Canada. My household consists of 6 amazing people, so I have to constantly come up with new recipe ideas that fit all my family member’s likings. I care a lot about the ingredients used in my food. I joined Household Healthy because of that, and I am excited to share my recipes with all the families out there.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to the Household Healthy weekly newsletter for exclusive access to incredible Recipes (including plant-based!), Meal Plans, Coupons, and SO much more.