Hash is the ultimate breakfast food because it combines all of our favorite traditional breakfast foods (sausage, eggs, and potatoes) into one delicious skillet. But have you tried a vegan breakfast hash?
When you make the transition into a plant-based lifestyle, you may be mistaken that all you will be eating are salads and smoothies. There are many creative ways to cook vegetables and many plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy products are available. The plant-based lifestyle does not have to be boring and repetitive with the same foods!
This vegan breakfast hash is plant-based, healthy, and delicious!
It combines vegan sausage, potatoes, and the ultimate superfood: kale. If you are not sure which sausage to try, Vejii has plenty of options! You can also make your own vegan sausage at home with oats, nuts, black beans, or pinto beans. If you want a kick of heat, you can add red cayenne pepper. You can even top it all off with a bit of hot sauce or fresh salsa.
The great thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients are healthy. You will not feel one ounce of guilt from indulging in this. This delicious vegan breakfast hash is a guaranteed hit at your next brunch.
- Frying pan
- 2 Medium Yellow Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Baby Tomatoes (or 1 Small Roma)
- 2 Small Kale Leaves
- 1 Vegan Sausage of Choice
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper (optional) for extra heat
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cut the baby tomatoes in half, and remove the stem from the kale and chop it up.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a non-stick frying pan with a thick bottom. Heat the pan to a medium heat and add the potatoes and all the spices. Stir gently for 1 minute. Add in 1⁄2 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the potatoes on a medium-low heat until all the water evaporates, this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the vegan sausage into bite-sized pieces. Once the water has evaporated from potatoes, add in the tomatoes, kale and sliced vegan sausage. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring until the sausage and potatoes crisp up a little. Serve immediately.
If you like our vegan breakfast hash recipe, you’ll like our vegan black bean quesadillas. Check it out!
Food Author at Housholdhealthy.com
Based in San Francisco, CA
In my household, food is very important, I care very much about what my two girls and I are putting in our bodies. I love cooking and sharing different tasks with my girls, cooking became a fun activity to do in our family. My goal on Household Healthy is to share my recipe ideas and advice with our moms.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to the Household Healthy weekly newsletter for exclusive access to incredible Recipes (including plant-based!), Meal Plans, Coupons, and SO much more.