Eating healthy these days can be a challenge. Fast foods are expanding quickly and the grocery stores are stocked and filled with food that provides little to no nutritional value, making healthy eating a chore to do sometimes.
However, for those with just a little bit of spare time, any meal can be healthy; all you have to do is buy some fresh produce and make your very own Greek pasta salad recipe.
The best part of the Greek pasta salad recipe is that it’s vegan, making even the healthiest eater satisfied and content after every meal.
There’s no better place to find a great pasta salad recipe. This Greek pasta salad recipe is delicious and nutritious, filled with only the richest ingredients which are guaranteed to make your taste buds sing!
The Greek pasta salad recipe is great for any time of the year, but it’s especially satisfying during the upcoming summer months, when you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the fresh taste of local produce and unique flavor combinations.
If you’re in the mood for a healthy lunch or dinner, there’s no better alternative than a Greek pasta salad.
It’s healthy, vegan, and chock full of energy from leafy greens and other crisp vegetables. All of the ingredients can be found fresh at your local supermarket, so head on down, pick out what looks good, and begin a flavor exploration!
Greek Pasta Protein Salad
- Large Pan
- Large Bowl
- 1/2 cup Dried Red Lentil Pasta
- 1/2 Large Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Baby Tomatoes
- 1/4 Large Onion
- 1 Large Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 16 Pitted Kalamata Olives
Dressing (or Substitute for Store-bought)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Place in your red lentil pasta and cook as per instructions on the packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper. Place into a large salad bowl and mix in the drained Kalamata olives.
- Prepare the salad dressing by crushing the garlic into a bowl and whisking together with all the remaining dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and run under cold water until tool to the touch. Add the pasta to the salad bowl and mix well to combine.
If you are looking for a salad with animal meat, try our Santa Fe Chicken Salad Recipe.
Food Author at Housholdhealthy.com
Based in San Francisco, CA
In my household, food is very important, I care very much about what my two girls and I are putting in our bodies. I love cooking and sharing different tasks with my girls, cooking became a fun activity to do in our family. My goal on Household Healthy is to share my recipe ideas and advice with our moms.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to the Household Healthy weekly newsletter for exclusive access to incredible Recipes (including plant-based!), Meal Plans, Coupons, and SO much more.