When you’re juggling getting ready for work in the morning while also getting your children ready for their days, the last thing you want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen. We all want something quick and healthy in the morning that also breaks up our usual breakfast routine. I’ve found sweet potato toasts to be the perfect solution! Sweet potatoes are a staple in my family’s weekly diet, so I was excited when I found another purpose for them! The first time I made these, I was shocked that I preferred these sweet potato toasts over other breakfast toasts I’ve made before – and it took half the time!
Why eat processed empty carbs when you can have healthy nutritional carbs?? This sweet potato toast is the perfect substitute for those processed carbs.
Not only is this sweet potato toast a healthy substitute for your normal toast –it’s a creative and delicious vegan alternative to add to your breakfast or snack rotation. It’s a great way to change things up and the sweet potato toast is so flavorful. Thanks to the sweet potato and nut butter, they are also packed with plant-based protein to help you tackle your day!
You’ll find the sweet potato toast recipe below. You only need four ingredients and the toppings are all common items, but you can play around with the toppings based on what you have in your pantry. Feel empowered to get creative with them!
You’re going to LOVE this sweet potato toast recipe – it is SO easy to make and you need less than 10 minutes to whip it up.
This is perfect for moms on the go and if your children are anything like mine, they’ll love them too. Beyond breakfast, what I love is that you can also have this midday for an afternoon snack – they’re that simple to put together! I hope you love these as much as my family does!
Sweet Potato Toasts
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tbsp. nut butter of choice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped berries of choice
- 1 tsp. of honey for drizzle (optional)
- Cut the sweet potato into 4 slices, roughly 5cm thick. Use a large kitchen knife to do this, you want each slice of sweet potato for “bread slices”.
- Place the sliced potatoes into the toaster and cook on the longest setting. This will take approximately 6 minutes. The sweet potato is done when the edges are golden brown and the middle still has a bit of crunch.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cut up the berries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries are a great choice.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooked, spread each slice with 1 tablespoon of nut butter and topped with berries. Add a little drizzle of honey and serve immediately.
Food Author at Housholdhealthy.com
Based in San Francisco, CA
In my household, food is very important, I care very much about what my two girls and I are putting in our bodies. I love cooking and sharing different tasks with my girls, cooking became a fun activity to do in our family. My goal on Household Healthy is to share my recipe ideas and advice with our moms.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to the Household Healthy weekly newsletter for exclusive access to incredible Recipes (including plant-based!), Meal Plans, Coupons, and SO much more.